Thursday, May 28, 2020

Grennett,Tex, 101 ??'s

As most of you know the Grennett truck is doing well for the LDP market.
So to help all of you out with the most asked questions here are some answers.
What do I do with the copper lock rings?
Here is how it goes stock race ring, bearing, race spacer, bearing, stock race ring, copper lock ring, stock lock nut.
Can I use stacked bushings on my Grennett truck?
No stacking of bushings you can use glued bushings or use melted bushing.
The stock bushing suck!
Bennett stock bushing are not bad they take some time to break-in.
Should I use the bushing that come with your stock Grennett?
Try out your Grennett with the stock set up first this will give you a good idea on how the truck works.
I got some extra washers and do not know what they work with?
The two grade eight 1" washers work just like the stock washers one on top and one on the bottom.
I add in a extra star lock ring to the top of the kingpin head this helps to lock in the washers to the bushings.
The large plastic washer is used with?
The large plastic washer is for shorter bushing.
So how tight do I need to tighten down the kingpin?
Tighter is better in inverted trucks.
You just mailed me the tune up kit and the delrin pivot cup is not fitting right.
Most stamped out trucks have different sized holes this means.
You will need to sand the out side of the cup to make it fit tight with the hole.
My stock pivot will not fit the delrin pivot cup?
You might have to sand and polish your pivot.
What is the grease for?
The griffin grease is for the pivot and the cup.
The lithium grease is for the axles and the bearing covers.
What kind of bearing lubricant do you use?
Triflow in the dropper.
So why is there nylon tape on the king pin and why?
After seeing what people will put on there king pins
to keep the bushing from shredding I found that nylon
tape works better and it comes off easy.
I hope this will help.
If you have any other question please Email me or facebook me at
Thane Magee or become a friend.
Thanks
GSK8

No comments:

Post a Comment